While Equfund IPS Limited makes every effort to ensure that the information contained on the website is accurate and complete, we provide it for information only, so it is indicative rather than definitive. We thus make no explicit or implicit guarantee of its accuracy, and, as far as applicable laws allow, we neither accept responsibility for errors, inaccuracies or omissions, nor for loss that may result directly or indirectly from reliance on its content. Users of the website should not take or omit to take any action that relies on information on the website.
Any person considering loan opportunities featured on the website should carry out their own due diligence in respect of such opportunity and make their own commercial assessment after seeking independent advice of an appropriately authorised financial advisor. Prospective lenders are also encouraged to take their own independent legal and taxation advice, together with any other advice that they may consider necessary in order to consider the benefits and risks attached to opportunity
In making the website available, Equfund IPS Limited does not imply or establish any client, advisory, financial or professional relationship. Through the website, neither Equfund IPS Limited nor any other person is providing advisory, consulting or other professional services.
Some of the information featured on the website is provided by third parties and accordingly Equfund IPS Limited does not accept any responsibility and disclaims any and all liability for any such information (including the accuracy) featured or views and opinions expressed on the website.
Equfund IPS Limited reserves the right to require any potential investors to sign an undertaking that they are either a high net worth or a sophisticated investor within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotions Order 2005 (as amended) or that they have taken the advice of an appropriately authorised and qualified person before obtaining any funder information and before being permitted to enter into any opportunity.
Equfund IPS Limited shall under no circumstances be liable to a user of this website, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss of profit, or any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with your use of this website or any loan in any opportunities marketed on the website save that nothing in this disclaimer shall limit or exclude Equfund IPS Limited’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by the company.
Equfund IPS Limited neither guarantees that the website will be uninterrupted or without delay nor that it will be error-free or virus-free. The website is provided ‘as is’ without warranties of any kind. We will not be responsible and will not accept any liability whatsoever for any viruses which may infect your computer by reason of your use of or downloading of applications from this website.
This website is owned and controlled by Equfund IPS Limited. Unless otherwise noted, all information featured on the website, (whether text or images), is protected by copyrights and trademarks, and is owned or licensed by Equfund IPS Limited. You may not download, display or print any part of the content except to your own computer for your personal use and not for business purposes. You must not change frame or inline (mirror) any of the content of our website.
Links on this website may lead to servers maintained by individuals or organisations other than Equfund IPS Limited. We make no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, suitability or any other aspect of the information located on such servers and neither monitors nor endorses such servers or content. If you link to our website we may require you at any time at our absolute discretion to remove the link.
Any terms and conditions concerning the usage of this website will be governed by the laws of England, and any dispute concerning use of this website will be determined exclusively by the English Courts.
Equfund (“We”) is an umbrella term for a Community Benefit Society called Equfund (IPS) Limited, registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (registration number: 29088R). This Policy, together with our Terms of Service, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This Policy explains your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and we will never give anyone access to it unless we are forced to by law.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when filling in forms from www.equfund.com (our website) or using our Offer Document. This includes your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth.
- Forms of identification that you provide to confirm your identity or your right to act on behalf of an individual (e.g. Power of Attorney, Grant of Probate, Will.)
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our newsletter service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us in writing or via telephone, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or through the post or otherwise.
- Financial information about transactions from your account to ours including your bank account details in order to process payments to you.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We restrict access only to people who need it and all computers are password protected. Payment transactions are not permitted through our site and all payments are handled via banks.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk, e.g. if you access the internet via an insecure network. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses for this information
We are only allowed to use your personal information if we have a lawful reason for doing so. We will use your information if we can satisfy that processing it is necessary:
- To provide our product and/or services to you
- In order for use to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- When it is in our ‘legitimate interests’ (i.e. we have a business or commercial interest to use your information as long as it does not overly prejudice you) and/or
- When you consent to it.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You have the right to unsubscribe from these communications.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service to send you interest statements or correspondence relating to your investment.
- We will never sell or pass on your data to any third parties. We only keep personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Policy and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
You have the right to access information held about you or to have your information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right to request the deletion or removal of your information. There are, however, specific circumstances where we may be unable to deal with a removal request, e.g. if we need to retain your information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Any requests should be sent in writing to Daniel Mahon, our Director who is responsible for the security of your information. You can contact him by email at email@example.com, or Equfund (IPS) Limited, Hammond House, North Road, West Kirby, Wirral CH48 4DE. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time, but at the latest within one month of the request (assuming we have any requisite information from you in order to be able to process your request).
If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your personal information you can also contact us by telephoning 0151 625 0800.
If you want to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us as above and we will investigate the matter and report back to you. If you are still not satisfied after our response or believe we are not using your personal information in line with the law, you also have the right to complain to the UK’s data protection regulator—the Information Commissioner’s Office—https://ico.org.uk/.
Changes to this policy
Last updated: 20th November 2018.